Colorado Springs is the perfect mix of nature and city living, and there are great things to do in Colorado Springs that will keep you, and the family entertained. The view and the outdoor activities you can do are just superb. If you’re looking for a memorable venture, here’s what you need to know about this beautiful place!
Things to Do in Colorado Springs | Sky is the Limit!
In this article:
- What Time Is It in Colorado Springs?
- Free Things to Do in Colorado Springs
- Things to Eat in Colorado Springs
- Most Popular Restaurants in Colorado Springs
- Most Popular Places to Shop in Colorado Springs
- Most Popular Destinations in Colorado Springs
- How to Get Around in Colorado Springs
- Travel Tips for Colorado Springs
What Time Is It in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs is in the -7 UTC Mountain Time Zone. The state observes Mountain Standard Time. Daylight Savings Time for Colorado Springs started March 12, 2017, and concluded on November 5, 2017.
Free Things to Do in Colorado Springs
If your budget is set for food and shopping, visiting these spots will make your trip to Colorado Springs much more meaningful!
- Garden of the Gods – This breathtaking garden is highly-recommended for tourists looking for an awe-inspiring view. You can even opt to rent a jeep or go rock-climbing to explore the wonders of this paradise.
- Historic Landmarks – Tourists can sign-up on tours to learn more about the state’s history and heritage. Breckenridge, Crested Butte, Telluride, and Manitou Springs are among the historical landmarks available for viewing.
- Museums and Air Force Academy – Get a glimpse of a cadet’s life in the Air Force Academy while the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum gives you an idea of the Pikes Peak region’s history and culture.
- Red Rock Canyon – This tourist spot is best known for its rosy red terrain. Be sure to bring comfortable shoes when exploring this trail!
Things to Eat in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs takes pride in their breweries so be sure to get a hold of a Colorado craft beer. You may also want to try some dishes mixed with pueblo chilies since the state is well-known for their New Mexican menu. How about some bison meat? Ted’s Montana Grill serves some of the best-tasting bison dishes in the whole state!
Most Popular Restaurants in Colorado Springs
All the walking and sight-seeing will leave you hungry. Hence, here are some of the top-rated restaurants in the area:
- Penrose Room – This fine-dining restaurant serves delectable caviar and sweetbreads, and you can try the chef’s menu which includes a five-course meal. You can never go wrong with the restaurant’s solemn ambiance, especially if you’re bringing a date with you!
- Mountain Shadows Restaurant – If you’re craving for some New Mexican dishes, this restaurant is your best bet! The majority of their menu is natural and organic, and their breakfast burrito and the Huevos Rancheros are definite must-tries!
- Marigold Cafe & Bakery – Visit this restaurant if you want to try the state’s homegrown treats. Customers can’t get enough of the mousse cake, beef bourguignon, and salmon salad. Don’t leave Colorado Springs without trying these treats!
- Edelweiss German Restaurant – This is one of the few places in Colorado Springs where you can get a hold of German delicacies. Moreover, if you’re a big fan of folk music, you’ll surely love this venue.
Most Popular Places to Shop in Colorado Springs
If you’re thinking of souvenirs to give your friends and family, visit the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! Considered as the fanciest chocolate shop in Colorado Springs, this store offers a wide range of fudge, waffle cones, and ice cream! Meanwhile, American Classics Marketplace provides more variety so you will never run out of options!
Most Popular Destinations in Colorado Springs
Expect plenty of trail hiking when you’re in Colorado Springs since it’s best known for its gorgeous landscape. Here are three highly-suggested locations you may want to check out:
- Maroon Bells – This venue is a must-see if you’re in Aspen. Beautiful mountain view awaits. And if you’re a hiking enthusiast who’s ready to take on a new adventure, the rewarding Crater Lake is found here too!
- Trail Ridge Road – Looking for a long drive? Trail Ridge Road will keep you entertained thanks to its fantastic view and stops along the way. Known as the highway to the sky, there will never be a boring minute with the scenic wonders you can see from your car window.
- Pikes Peak – Pikes Peak is another great trail to visit for there are plenty of surprises waiting for you. You’ll see all kinds of animals on the road, and once you’ve reached the top, there is a gift shop that sells delicious donuts! Great view and great food? Priceless.
How to Get Around in Colorado Springs
Public transportation is everywhere so getting around the city should be no problem. There are light rails and regional buses that should take you to some iconic locations. On top of that, Uber and Lyft services are available in the state, so renting a car is not required.
Travel Tips for Colorado Springs
Visit Colorado Springs from March to May and from September to October if you’re traveling on a budget and if you prefer the cooler weather. It’s not peak season. Hence, the hotel rates are much lower. Now if you’re visiting during fall, you’ll see the mountains covered in bright red, orange, and yellow, which is always a sight to behold. On the other hand, the state is mostly visited during summer so expect higher hotel rates.
Looking for more things to do in Colorado Springs? Watch this video courtesy of Alexandra TravelBittenLex:
You will enjoy roaming around Colorado Springs because of its cold weather – making walking around the city streets don’t seem like such a drag. What’s more, mountain-climbing and driving around mountain trails are just so refreshing. Better bring your camera all the time since beautiful sceneries are everywhere!
What can you say about these things to do in Colorado Springs? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Up Next: Things To Do in Seattle