Looking for things to do in Orlando? From getting around the city to visiting its most attractive theme parks, this travel guide will help you plan your next trip. Here’s a round-up of the best places to eat, shop, and see in Orlando!
What to Do in Orlando | Theme Park Capital of the World
In this article:
- What Time Is It in Orlando?
- Free Things to Do in Orlando
- Where to Eat in Orlando?
- Most Popular Places to Shop in Orlando
- Most Popular Destinations in Orlando
- How to Get Around in Orlando?
- Travel Tips for Orlando
What Time Is It in Orlando?
Orlando is on -4 Eastern Standard Time. Daylight Savings Time in Orlando for this year started on March 12, 2017 and ended on November 5, 2017.
Free Things to Do in Orlando
Outside of the draw of Orlando’s theme parks, you can find locations within the city that screens free outdoor movies. To make things sweeter, you can visit these stunning locations free of charge! Be sure to bring your friends or family to these places:
- Grand Bohemian Gallery – Visitors can expect a collection of jewelry and contemporary paintings from the 19th century.
- Lake Eola Park – This park is considered as one of the hottest spots in the city thanks to hosting free concerts and plays at the amphitheater. Moreover, you can visit the farmer’s market every Sunday.
- Ocala National Forest – The site is the second-largest national forest in Florida and if you want to go hiking, this is the place to go!
- A World of Orchids – Fan of beautiful flowers? Visit the conservatory to see a variety of flowers coming from South America, Australia, Indonesia, and more!
- Legend of Spook Hill – This place is best to visit especially when you’re driving a car. Just follow the signs and brace yourself for a gravity-defying drive!
Where to Eat in Orlando
When in Orlando, you must try their tasty Cuban sandwiches. Black Bean Deli’s sandwiches have the perfect mix of cheese, smoked ham, pork, pickles, and mustard mayo spread. It’s the perfect snack for when you tour around the city.
If you’re still hungry, Eddie V’s is another good place to dine in Orlando. The restaurant’s a combination of food and glamour. They serve world-class seafood steaks and wine. Tourists can also visit Urbain 40 for good food and a European style brasserie. The live entertainment and great cocktails in the city are certainly one for the books.
Most Popular Places to Shop in Orlando
Looking for discounts on a wide range of brands? The Orlando Premium Outlets at International Drive is just the place for locals and tourists to shop. It’s located near the downtown area and offers discounts of up to 50% on souvenirs!
Most Popular Destinations in Orlando
You know you’ve arrived in Orlando when you walk past the Walt Disney World sign at the airport ???? (????: @takeme2disneyworld via Instagram) pic.twitter.com/Ut0cQ9hQXt
— FloridaTix (@floridatix) October 13, 2017
It’s no secret that Orlando is the theme park capital of the world. Here, you can visit Walt Disney World and reminisce with your favorite childhood cartoon characters. Regardless of age, everyone will find the place magical.
If you’re looking for a different kind of excitement, make sure to include Seaworld in your itinerary. Here, you can see dolphins performing amusing tricks and killer whales putting on amazing shows.
How to Get Around in Orlando
The trolley service on International Drive is perfect if you want to visit all the tourist destinations in the city. The Red Line trolley route starts at Orlando Premium Outlets (the North end of International Drive) and will go straight to Seaworld. The trolley arrives every 20 minutes. Fortunately, this makes travel easy, and the trolley service even offers multi-day bus passes for tourists.
Travel Tips for Orlando
5 Fantastic Orlando Travel Tips, Secrets and Deals just for YOU! ???? ???? ✈ – https://t.co/Tj8Bh5le9R
— Starmark Vacations (@starmarkhomes) October 10, 2017
Perhaps the best time for an Orlando tour is from November to March. This is when temperatures are mild and humidity levels are lower. In contrast, the summer months are the wettest in Orlando due to occasional thunderstorms. Humidity is also high in the summer, which may not be ideal for travel.
Watch this video by Erin’s Travels to more things to do in Orlando beyond Disney World:
Apart from being the world’s theme park capital, Orlando also has a lot to offer downtown. Additionally, don’t leave Orlando without going to Walt Disney World! Regardless of what you decide to do, you’re sure to have a great time in Orlando!
Would you like to add a few other things to do in Orlando? Share your thoughts in the comments below!