Looking for travel quotes to serve as your motto or explain your adventurous life? Well, look no further! Read on and discover these funny quotes travelers unconsciously agree on!
Travel Quotes You Can’t Deny are True
1. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” — Mark Twain
— chalraahi.com (@chalraaahi) January 9, 2017
Want to find out if a person or the group you are hanging out with is for keeps? Travel with them! When traveling, you learn all about a person’s habits — like how they keep their things organized or how they respond to stressful situations. If you’re still compatible even after all that, you’ll know they are indeed a great friend and an excellent travel buddy!
2. “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” — Susan Heller
It’s a no-brainer to bring more money than clothes. Moreover, as a number one rule, travelers should pack light. After all, even if you think you’re under-packing, you can always buy new clothes. Besides, this allows you to shop to your heart’s content, knowing your bags will have enough space for your souvenirs and new memories.
3. “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.” — Rudyard Kipling
— Royal Croatian Tours (@RoyalCroTours) October 15, 2017
There’s more to a place than meets the eye. Exaggerated as it may sound, the scent of a foreign country is vital to understanding the environment. Can you imagine smelling something terrible in another country — or smelling something amazing? No matter the scent, a little sniff can tell you a lot about what’s happening in your new location.
4. “Travel becomes a strategy for accumulating photographs.” — Susan Sontag
Posting photos left and right started to become a trend since Instagram and other social media sites came into our lives. Not that there is anything wrong with that! Being able to look back makes us feel good and ensures a memento of the trip. Heck, there’s even a proven study nostalgia makes us feel happy AND healthy! So keep on posting!
5. “A good holiday is one that is spent among people whose notions of time are vaguer than yours.” — J. B Priestly
When you plan a trip, the friends you think of inviting first are probably those who are not uptight about schedules. That’s how it should be in the first place! You only live once, so make the most out of it and follow your heart — especially when you’re out on a vacation!
6. “You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.” — Charles Kuralt
You are probably guilty of telling your friends to meet you in a fast food chain when you can’t think of anything else to eat. There’s a very logical reason for that! Most fast food chains are international, and if you end up losing sight of each other in another country, you can simply pick a joint familiar to both!
7. “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” — Dagobert D. Runes
— Anne Camozzi (@anne_camozzi) August 9, 2017
Why are most people thrilled when interacting with people from foreign countries when in fact, they could meet someone exactly like that back home? To be honest, it’s simply human nature. Moreover, if that’s what it takes to make new friends, then by all means, go and talk to them!
Check out these travel quotes video by GlobeTrotting Guide that will inspire you to pack your bags and see the world:
Traveling is a great way to develop our creativity and improve how we view life. It makes us understand people from different walks and how it feels to be in their shoes. With this in mind, go plan a trip and see where it leads you!
Did you find these travel quotes meaningful? Share your favorite travel quotes in the comments below!